[PySide] make the cursor on the screen invisible after it has stopped

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 18 18:16:31 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-18 11:50, iMath wrote:
> I want to make the cursor on the screen become invisible after it has
> stopped moving for 10s. [...] my problem is not restricted to Qt, it
> is system wide

Probably you can't do this portably, and even less likely in Python.
However, I am suspicious of your *wanting* to do this.

If you want it to happen for *your application* (which would be much
less Evil), you can possibly turn on mouse tracking for your top level
window(s) and use QApplication::setOverrideCursor to hide the cursor.

I'd do something like, on every mouse move, set a timer at e.g. 1s
interval if not set already and reset a counter... then in timer,
increment the counter to see if your 10s interval is elapsed, and if so,
kill the timer so that you aren't wasting CPU when the machine is idle.

--
Matthew