[PySide] PySide 1.2.2 OS/X wheels

Roman Lacko backup.rlacko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:11:20 CEST 2014

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you! Yes, that was what I always wanted to have for OSX.
> >
> > Actually, I build things quite often in the last days, which was
> > a boring, manual task, and error-prone to get right.
> >
> > So on Saturday I started hacking a script together that builds
> > everything from a single command line, builds all the 16 pythons
> > and then builds all the wheels and eggs in parallel batches.
> > This uses the original pyside_build as a sub-process.
> >
> > Just the uploading to Bitbucket is still manual, until I find a way
> > to script that as well.
> > Maybe I should simply put that on a different site that I directly
> > control.
> >
> > I will upload that script somewhere, soon.
> > It was interesting to make a bootstrap from nothing, that manages to
> > install everything alone for all python versions.
>
> There is:
> https://github.com/PySide/pyside-setup
> https://github.com/PySide/BuildScripts
> Can anybody somehow link those two together.

https://github.com/PySide/pyside-setup is standard python setup project and
is used to build the python distribution packages, like wheels, eggs,
windows installers and source distributions. It support Linux, OSX and
Windows platforms.

There is also https://github.com/PySide/shiboken-setup, to support the
standalone Shiboken installation. It is based on pyside-setup.

AFAIK, the PySide/BuildScripts is used to build the PySide binaries on UNIX
platforms - but it does nothing else - no packaging and no Windows suppport.

I would recommend to use pyside-setup and shiboken-setup to build the
PySide and Shiboken binary distribution packages.

Regards
Roman