[PySide] [Shiboken] Binding generation issues

Jumaroch Belpecajo jumaroch.belpecajo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 14:54:02 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm using Shiboken to generate a python binding of a library based on
C++/Qt.
Currently, I'm using the 1.0.9 version of PySide (Shiboken 1.0.10) and I'm
trying to update my bindings with the last version (1.2.1).
However, I'm running into difficulties regarding the update:

1. It seems that the code parsing fails to correctly interpret the double
right angle brakets >> with a space in between.
  Here is the C++ function signature:
  Curve(const QList<QPair<Item*,Item*> > &)

  I get the following error (in shibokengenerator.cpp)
  "Types of receiver variable ('QPair<Item *, Item * >') and %CONVERTTOCPP
type system variable ('QPair<Item *, Item * > **') differ."

  If I remove the space between the angle braket ('>>') the code is
correctly generated (but '>>' is not valid for gcc).

2. I can't generate methods that are using QVector3D and QMatrix4x4 type as
arguments (e.g. setPosition(const QVector3D &)).
  In Shiboken 1.0.10, I was using in my typesystem (otherwise the methods
were rejected):
  <container-type name="QVector3D" type="vector" />
  <container-type name="QMatrix4x4" type="vector" />

  Now, the generator complains that the conversion rules for
QVector3D/QMatrix4x4 don't exist.
  If I remove the container-type definition from the typesystem, the
methods are not generated (rejected because of unmatched argument type).

Can someone give me some help on these two issues ?

Thanks in advance,

Romain