[PySide] Qabstracttablemodel supplying multiple Qtableviews.

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 10:07:36 CET 2014

Dear list,
I have a single dataset that I want to display subsets of in three
different Qtableview's.  At the moment I have 3 different model
classes, one for each Qtableview, that extend Qabstracttablemodel.
However, editing these Qtableview's causes the model (dataset) to grow
and I have to insert rows.  It is not a problem to grow the model that
underlies that Qtableview, but how do I inform the two other model
classes/table views that the dataset has grown?
It seems wasteful to me to have three different Qabstracttablemodel's,
when a single Qabstracttablemodel should suffice for all three
Qtableview's.  The dataset that is displayed in each of the datasets
is the same, it's just that the views are looking at different subsets
of the same thing.  It seems to me that if I could know which
Qtableview is querying the Qabstracttablemodel, then I would only need
to have one model class.  It would then be easy to grow the models
when the dataset is edited.

Can anyone provide suggestions of the cleanest way of implementing this system?

cheers,
Andrew.