[PySide] Install via pip fails on OS X Mavericks

Sean Fisk sean at seanfisk.com
Fri Mar 7 16:47:43 CET 2014

Hi Erica,

I would first try Roman's solution. However, a member of my team is
rewriting the PySide build scripts to update them, support
pyenv<https://github.com/yyuu/pyenv>,
and in general simplify them. I believe they are updated to build with the
stable 1.2.1. You can find his work
here<https://github.com/midimaster21b/BuildScripts/tree/rewrite>-- make
sure you check out the
rewrite branch.

I don't know if you've used the build scripts before, but the only change
you should have to make is to change the PREFIX variable in
environment.shto match the prefix of the virtualenv itself.

Good luck!

--
Sean Fisk