[PySide] Installing Pyside to repo in PYTHONPATH - not python install site-packages

Stefan Champailler schampailler at skynet.be
Fri May 23 20:36:49 CEST 2014

Maybe it's not the answer you're looking for but
packaging your application as an EXE file could
help (I've had some success with PyInstaller).

As for why the libs are not found, that's rather a mystery...

Maybe you could print the python path from within python,
just to be sure ? Is it the same version of python on your
machine and those of your friends ?

On Fri, 23 May 2014 10:45:04 -0700
Andrew Lyons <tstexture at gmail.com> wrote:

> from PySide import QtGui
>
> throws:
>
> Import Error: No module named PySide
>
> I've tried explicitly pathing to the python executable, and PySide exists,
> and is correctly set up as a package in the PYTHONPATH. Not sure why it
> cant be found.
>

> On 23 May 2014 09:56, Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net>wrote:
>
> > On 2014-05-23 12:20, Andrew Lyons wrote:
> > > I'm trying to make PySide available to others at work (Windows 7) by
> > moving
> > > it from C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages (where pip installed it for me
> > > locally) to a location in our PYTHONPATH.
> > >
> > > Others are however getting an error when they try: from Pyside import
> > > QtCore.
> >
> > What's the error?
> >
> > PySide includes C[++] compiled components; you may need to adjust PATH
> > so that these libraries can be found.
> >
> > --
> > Matthew

> Andrew D Lyons | Software Engineer | http://www.linkedin.com/in/tstex