[PySide] Contributing to documentation?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:58:06 CEST 2014

Hi Eric,

To answer that question, the first thing is to see how this
documentation is built. I found
http://qt-project.org/wiki/PySideDevelopment and then at the bottom
there is http://qt-project.org/wiki/Generating_PySide_Reference_Documentation

It definitely lacks details on what's going on behind the scenes, so I
can't say how to fix examples to make them last. IMHO the information
about "How this documentation is generated" should be present in API
docs. If you can hack on it - that would be a good step forward.

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 12:08 AM, Eric Thomson <thomson.eric at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I learn PySide, the online documentation is my lifeline, but there
> are quite a few gaps. For instance, at
> http://pyside.github.io/docs/pyside/PySide/QtCore/QMimeData.html, we
> have the following:
>
> "There are three approaches for storing custom data in a
> PySide.QtCore.QMimeData object:  "
>
> And then...nothing. It does not list the three approaches, which are
> described at the Qt documentation in some detail
> (http://doc.qt.digia.com/4.6/qmimedata.html). There it is obviously
> for C++ users, obviously.
>
> I would really like to help translate some of this stuff into Python,
> where I can, but am not sure how to go about helping, or if such work
> would even last. For instance, would such contributions be lost when
> documentation is automatically updated?

anatoly t.