[PySide] Qt5 Support

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 7 18:41:04 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-07 11:55, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> Just wanted you to know that guys at this
> OpenGeoSciences have this pull request with
> Qt5 support:
> https://github.com/OpenGeoscience/shiboken/pull/3

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this previously (although I don't think I
pointed out the repo).

Note that most of the *bugs* we ran into were submitted as upstream
patches and have all¹ (TTBOMK) been merged. What's missing is the
ability to find and use Qt 5 instead of Qt 4, and some minor changes due
to API differences. That branch didn't make it optional; OGS elected to
move wholesale to Qt 5. I'm not sure that shiboken would want to do that.

At any rate, care would need to be taken integrating this, as OGS is
using the template redirection support (that never, or at least hasn't
yet, landed upstream), and some of the required changes were specific to
that.

(FWIW, I also think the include changes that Ben B. made are superfluous
and an unnecessary barrier to supporting both Qt 4 and Qt 5.)

(¹ The ones that are relevant to master, anyway; see again my comment
re: template redirection support.)

--
Matthew