[PySide] PySide accessibility, is possible?

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 22:30:42 CEST 2015

Hi Germano.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any separate efforts of enabling
accessibility to run PySide. PySide is just a Python wrapper over Qt4, so
things that work in Qt4 should work for PySide as well. I don't believe
that there is anything extra in PySide that adds more features to
accessibility to that.

>From http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/accessible.html it looks like on Unix you need
to enable accessibility features with:

export QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 3:10 PM, germano carella <
germanocarella.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I downloaded and installed PySide on my windows 8.1.
> I tried to run some examples, such as application example, and other.
> I seen there are accessibility plugins for QT 4.8, but examples are
> inaccessible to screen readers.
> There is a way to enable accessibility in pySide?
> Some tutorial or document?
> Thannks!
> Germano

anatoly t.