[PySide] Significant news regarding Qt 5/PySide : VFX Reference Platform CY2016

Sebastian Elsner | RISE sebastian at risefx.com
Tue Jun 2 11:24:33 CEST 2015

Huh, we'll see how this goes. It took Autodesk roughly 10 year to switch
from gcc 4.1 to gcc 4.4. Moving those massive Maya/Nuke apps to Qt5 is a
huge task. I guess they will rather spend time on features that can be
marketed...

On 06/02/2015 10:48 AM, Jens Lindgren wrote:
> This is great news!
>
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Mik Wells <mikw at imagineersystems.com
> <mailto:mikw at imagineersystems.com>> wrote:
>
>     News regarding Qt5 and Pyside:
>
>     “The Working Group behind the VFX Reference Platform, the target
>     platform for building software for VFX, has just announced the draft
>     of the Platform for next year: CY2016. This platform represents
>     the set of components that all major software releases are
>     expected to be built against from January 2016.”
>
>     “The major change for CY2016 is a move to Qt5 *which requires a
>     port of PySide and modifications to vanilla Qt* to resolve issues
>     that impact some DCC tools. The Working Group's aim is for this
>     modified Qt to be available to anyone who wishes to target the
>     CY2016 Platform, and for all major software vendors to build their
>     CY2016 releases against the same modified Qt. More details will be
>     shared in due course.”
>
>     For further info see http://www.vfxplatform.com/
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Mik Wells

> Jens Lindgren

_*check out pointcloud9.com*_ <http://pointcloud9.com/>

**Sebastian Elsner - Pipeline Techincal Director - RISE*

t: +49 30 20180300 _sebastian at risefx.com _ <mailto:sebastian at risefx.com>
f: +49 30 61651074 _www.risefx.com_ <http://www.risefx.com/>*

*RISE FX GmbH*
*Schlesische Straße 28, 10997 Berlin
An der Schanz 1A, 50735 Köln
Büchsenstraße 20, 70174 Stuttgart
Gumpendorferstraße 55, 1060 Wien
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Sven Pannicke, Robert Pinnow
Handelsregister Berlin HRB 106667 B*