[PySide] Qt (PySide) - SLL error on Windows

Jorge Araya Navarro elcorreo at deshackra.com
Wed Mar 4 20:06:19 CET 2015

As this other developer[1], my PySide app is throwing the following errors on Windows:

QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv3_client_method

QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_CTX_new

QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init

QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_get_error

QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_error_string

I have tried what's suggested here[2] without success, therefore I guess I'm in the need of compiling Qt
myself statically(?) and against some other OpenSSL dll, then create the Python bindings for Qt.

How do I do the first part?

[1]: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4348333/qt-sll-error-on-windows
[2]: http://stackoverflow.com/a/4382234/2020214
--