[PySide] [Q/Contribution] Is C++11 allowed in PySide/Shiboken codebase?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 12 16:37:55 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-10 20:31, سليمان السهمي wrote:
> Is C++11 allowed in PySide/Shiboken codebase?

As a non-definitive answer, I would guess that there would need to be a
very strong reason to allow C++11-only code. Qt itself does not yet
allow dependence on C++11 features, and it seems logical that Shiboken
should follow suit.

In particular, I would guess that, for the moment at least, RHEL6 is
still an interesting platform. The latest available compiler there is
GCC 4.4, which has only limited "C++0x" support.

What C++11 features are you wanting to use?

--
Matthew