[PySide] shiboken error on function with return type QList<QByteArray>

Nigel Palmer nigel at cresset-group.com
Wed Oct 28 17:17:22 CET 2015

Hi all

I am trying to generate bindings using shiboken for a simple class but I am having the following error when shiboken parses a function which returns a QList<QByteArray>.

"Could not find a minimal constructor for type 'QByteArray'. This will result in a compilation error."

Below is the header which is causing the error and type system file

bytearraytest.h

#ifndef BYTEARRAYTEST_H

#define BYTEARRAYTEST_H

#include <QByteArray>

#include <QList>

class ByteArrayTest

{

public:

    ByteArrayTest();

    QList<QByteArray> byteArrayList();

};

#endif // BYTEARRAYTEST_H

typesystem.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<typesystem package="core">
    <load-typesystem name="typesystem_core.xml" generate="no"/>
      <object-type name="ByteArrayTest"/>
</typesystem>

Any ideas?

I am using PySide 1.2.2 with Python 2.7.10 and Qt 4.8.7

Many Thanks
Nigel