[PySide] I don't understand why I'm getting QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent - Stack Overflow

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:16:10 CET 2016

I'm stuck. I don't ever explicitly call paintEvent. I create a QPainter()
instance inside of a paintEvent method and I get that error. Reduced code
example at:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40872318/i-dont-understand-why-im-getting-qpainterbegin-widget-painting-can-only-beg

(I'm not really understanding the whole graphics framework. I still find
the coordinate system bafflingly unpredictable. And I don't know C++. So
the original Qt docs on line aren't much use to me.)