[PySide] building 64-bit pyside windows extensions

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Tue Jan 19 22:54:41 CET 2016

I have a little qml utility that is written in C for adding a bit of
functionality I need.

I can compile this just fine on Linux and (just about) on Windows
32-bit, but I'm struggling to work out how to do this on Windows 64-bit.

The problem is firstly that I'm not quite sure what the pyside 64-bit Qt
was compiled with (perhaps the version recommended for python?), and
secondly whether I then need to build Qt myself using the same approach
so I have the necessary support libraries to build against. Or can I
build against the installed libraries from pyside somehow?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Henry