[PySide] sending QStandardItem() as QAction.data() yields None in receiving widget

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Mar 3 09:59:50 CET 2016

Hi guys,

I ran into this a while ago but since the host application I am using
with my PySide apps was still using PySide 1.0.7 it wasn't a problem.
Now it's being switched to use PySide 1.2.2 and the bug is back in sight.

Below is a test snippet that shows how assigning a QStandardItem via
QAction().setData() returns None when QAction().data() is called.

Is this a known bug?

I guess the work around is to send the data required to re-create the
QStandardItem as a dictionary?!

http://pastebin.com/E9TCgEfJ

Cheers,
frank