[PySide] PySide2 installed but not working

Spencer Parkin spencertparkin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:24:50 CEST 2016

Hi,

I built PySide2, 32-bit from sources, but when I run the tetrix.py example,
I get...

AttributeError: module 'PySide2.QtNetwork' has no attribute 'QSslSocket'.

If I comment out the call to QtNetwork.QSlSocket.suppertsSsl(), then get
another telling error...

AttributeError: module 'PySide2.QtGui' has no attribute 'QWidget'.

It sounds like to me that my installation is completely wacked-up.  Qwidget
can't be found inside QtGui?!  How is that even possible?

It's taken me over 4 hours to get to this point.  I had to re-run the
install several times after making dependency fixes each time.  Please
don't tell me I need to re-run the install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm ready to give up and just use
wxPython...It might be more reliable.

--Sp