[PySide] PySide2 installed but not working

Fredrik Averpil fredrik.averpil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:23:42 CEST 2016

Hi Spencer,

+1 on getting more info on your OS and Python version as well as whether
you need PySide or PySide2. Please keep in mind PySide2 hasn't really been
released yet and you're bound to face bleeding edge cases.

You're mentioning QSslSocket. When I build PySide2 I see this:
-- Checking for QSslSocket in QtNetwork -- not found

...which means PySide2 is built without QtNetwork.QSslSocket.
Do you see this as well?

I've assembled a modules list on some operating systems I'm building
PySide2 on, and there you can see which modules are successfully included
in the build and which modules are not found (for various reasons):
https://github.com/fredrikaverpil/pyside2-wheels
You can either download pre-built wheels (requiring Qt5 as a prerequisite)
or you can copy my build scripts.

If you're okay with using Python 3, I'd recommend you "pip3 install PyQt5",
as this is by far the simplest way of getting up and running with a Qt5
Python binding (requires no compilation).

Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with The Qt Company or the PySide2
developers. I'm just a developer who uses PySide2 at work.

Regards,
Fredrik