[PySide] [pyside-dev] Re: Bringing pyside back to Qt Project

Alex Blasche alexander.blasche at qt.io
Mon Feb 13 13:25:25 CET 2017

Hi,

We are trying to get Pyside integrated into our automated testing infrastructure. Essentially we want every patch to go through the tests before they are accepted into the repository. That's a practise we use in Qt too. This task is bigger than we anticipated and will still take some time.

The second task is to replace the shiboken parser. The old parser is not C++11 ready. Since Qt 5.6 is the last non-C++11 release of Qt, Pyside is currently stuck on this Qt version. We aim to replace the shiboken parser with the clang parser. This is a large task and will take a significant amount of time.

Furthermore, we have investigated the QML support in Pyside. There were quite a few issues which prevented corner cases to not work. This task was recently concluded. In the past we also fixed a lot of bugs bugs. If you find a bug please file it under

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE

The Pyside 2 bugs are tracked under the "dev" version tag.

Apart from that the mentioned progress log on http://wiki.qt.io/PySide2 is indeed the best update channel.

--
Alex