[PySide] [pyside-dev] Re: Bringing pyside back to Qt Project

Renaud Talon renaudtalon at fusefx.com
Mon Feb 13 22:58:17 CET 2017

Hi Fredrik !

I believe the wheels are portable (sort of) as long as you set this environment variable to point to the platform DLL on the machine your installing the wheel on.

For example:
QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH = "C:\Python35\Lib\site-packages\PySide2\plugins\platforms"

I created a ticket regarding the deployment issue :
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE-465

Renaud