[PySide] suppressing tooltips of all widgets

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Thu Jan 12 00:02:32 CET 2017

Hi all,

what is the best way to suppress tool tips for all widgets in an app?
I have been asked to implement a user preference for showing tool tips
and am reluctant to modify every single widget to check the preference
before showing the tooltip.

I had hoped that I can maybe intercept the QHelpEvent on the top level
widget, but that doesn't catch the child widget's events.

I also looked at intercepting topLevelWidget.childEvent(), but that is
not recursive, so wouldn't catch all the nested widgets (and would
probably lead to performance issues as well).

Is there any way to intercept a any tool tip even from anywhere in the app?

Cheers,
frank

--
ohufxLogo 50x50 <http://www.ohufx.com> 	*vfx compositing