[PySide] decorator blocking thread signal?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Jan 18 20:40:34 CET 2017

Frank Rueter | OHUfx wrote:

> this may be a pure python question or QT related, I'm not sure:
> I am having trouble with a decorated function not reporting back to
> the main thread to drive progress bars etc.
> When I remove the decorator and use the respective code directly in
> the function in question it all works fine.
>
> My code looks sort of like this (heavily simplified):

I think this may be too heavily simplified.  How does Worker.myMethod
get called?  Do you have a "start" or "run" handler within Worker to
dispatch requests?

There is a fair amount of monkey patching within PySide to make signals
and slots work, but it does seem like your example is simple enough.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.