[PySide] filling model via QRunnable creates extra rows

Frank Rueter | OHUfx frank at ohufx.com
Tue May 2 22:45:53 CEST 2017

Yes, I know.
But since it was mentioned that I can't fill my model in a different
thread from the UI this doesn't quite apply. If I filled my model in the
main thread, I wouldn't be able to update it during the processing.

However, since I am creating a tree model, I guess I can just add the
root item to the model in the main thread after the worker thread is
finished creating and linking all items (and sending signals for the UI
updates during the heavy lifting).