[PySide] Merging pyside-setup, shiboken and pyside

Algis Kabaila alkabaila at gmail.com
Tue May 9 09:45:16 CEST 2017

Hi,

It appears that I have overlooked the awakening of pyside.  I did
present some simplistic examples in the first life of pyside, when the
bulk of system programming was done in Brasil and Matti Airas was
leading the development. I want to bring up to date those old examples,
particularly the "simplicissimus" bunch of examples for the beginner.
How do I go about access permissions.

Al Kabaila

PS: I am an Australian, retired university (UNSW) professor of Civil
Engineering and an admirer/user of python and pyside.

Al.

On 09/05/17 16:17, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> you know that the PySide(2) project is sub-divided into three
> main parts (no tools or examples):
>
>      pyside-setup, shiboken and pyside.
>
> We have been fighting with this structure quite often.
> It is sometimes really hard to keep the repositories in sync
> when we have several open branches in the workings.
>
>      =================
>      The PySide Merger
>      =================
>
> To simplify our work, and also to make it easier for everybody
> to work with the project, we are considering to merge the three
> repositories into one: PySide.
>
> It is not planned to change the project structure in any way;
> the three pieces stay logically apart as they are now:
>
>      We will just merge the repositories!
>      ------------------------------------
>
> It will also still be possible to use the parts alone.
> But they now come in one chunk.
>
> I know there are people who are using shiboken separately.
> They need to change their workflow a little bit, because
> they now need to checkout pyside and copy shiboken out of it.
>
> If you see a problem with that, please contact us now.
> We will for sure find a solution together.
>
> Cheers -- Chris

Dr A. Kabaila
Villa 3 St Vincent Villas
7 Bindel St Aranda ACT 2614