[PySide] Weekly Update 05.04.2018

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Thu Apr 5 18:11:54 CEST 2018

Hello,

A brief summary of the status of the project:

- There is a first snapshot of the official Qt for Python documentation in
   https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qtforpython/
   we are still working on it, and many changes will be included in the news weeks.
- Regarding the generation of the documentation, there are a few missing steps
   for the automation of the process.

- We are planning a set of Blog posts for the official launch of Qt for Python,
   so keep an eye on https://blog.qt.io for the next weeks.

- There is effort of reduce the size of the wheels for the launch of the project
   and a few things were found. We are still working on this matter.

- Effort is being made to build a nice Tab browser example to be included
   in the official Qt for Python examples.

- A couple of issues are stopping us to merge patchs to the PySide2 repository
  but hopefully will be solved in the next couple of days

- Hopefully, in less than a month we will have heap types integrated in the project.

- Many bugs were solved and are awaiting for our CI system to be integrated
  into all our branches

Cheers!

-----
Cristián Maureira-Fredes