[PySide] Weekly Update 05.04.2018

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Mon Apr 9 09:00:01 CEST 2018

On 04/05/2018 08:24 PM, Ryan Gonzalez wrote:
> I have one question... Is it going to be confusing with Qt for Python
> and PyQt, given the similarities in their names?
>
> On April 5, 2018 11:12:15 AM Cristián Maureira-Fredes
> <Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> A brief summary of the status of the project:
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> -----
>> Cristián Maureira-Fredes
>
> --
> Ryan (ライアン)
> Yoko Shimomura, ryo (supercell/EGOIST), Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else
> https://refi64.com/

Hello Ryan,

as confuse at it could sound,
you need to consider that change the name of a project
is not a simple task, and not from the technical part
but for the compatibility to all the users and others
projects using PySide2.

In the past there was an attempt to change the name,
but there were a few negative reactions from people
that are in charge of both, maintaining packages,
and existing projects.

At the moment we will continue with PySide2,
but if there is any chance of renaming the project
in the future, we will try to take it.

Cheers

--
Cristian Maureira-Fredes