[PySide] Weekly update 19.04.2018

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Thu Apr 19 16:17:43 CEST 2018

Hello,

here is an update of the project's development:

Our CI system (COIN) is up and running again, so the team
is working on merging all the patches from the last weeks.

The documentation generation process is being improved, since not
all the elements were properly generated.
Additionally, there has been some testing on using Qt Assistant
to show the documentation.
We are planning to include also information related to the ApiExtractor and Shiboken.
Hopefully we can integrate this patches soon, so the documentation
can be available online.

The WebEngine issues from the current generated wheels
are being addressed, and hopefully they will be solved soon.
Additionally, the patches to include QtWebEngineCore are being reviewed.

The Heap types implementation was completed, and now the integration
with the changes related to PEP-384 is being developed.

There has been some work related to the installation process for standalone
builds on Windows, and also the scriptableapplication example has a few
issues that are still being studied.

Our new example, a tabbed browser, is being constantly improved and we hope
to have a final version soon.

The wiki was reorganized, so now everything that is updated (pages, references, etc)
was renamed to Qt for Python.
Also, the category QtForPython was created, so please use it if you want to contribute
with new pages:

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python#Contributing_to_the_Qt_for_Python_Wiki

A tutorials wiki page was included, mainly porting old examples and comments,
Suggestions and contributions are more than welcome!

We are working on a couple more blog posts, so stay tuned! https://blog.qt.io/

Cheers!

-----
Cristián Maureira-Fredes