[PySide] Weekly update 31.05.2018

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sun Jun 3 17:12:18 CEST 2018

On 31.05.18 17:33, Cristián Maureira-Fredes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a quick update of the project.
>
> We had some issues with our integration system,
> but it was solved, even the problems that were stopping us
> to cherry pick some changes on 5.6.
> Currently, there is still an issue for the generation of
> 32bit wheels for Windows, but we are almost there.
>
> We want to provide our official set of wheels through
> PyPi, but we are waiting for an official answer from them
> since the limit is ~60M (on PyPi server) but ours are around ~100M.
>
> The HeapTypes and PEP384 changes are finally merged in our
> repository, this will mean that any further contribution
> that includes a new Type, must be compatible.
> You can read more here: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0384/
> and you can see all the changes that this improvement needed
> here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/230864
If you want to see the individual steps which made up the
PEP 384 development, then here is an extra branch for that:

https://github.com/pyside/pyside2-setup/tree/5.9-pep384

Ciao -- Chris
Christian Tismer-Sperling    :^)   tismer at stackless.com
Software Consulting          :     http://www.stackless.com/
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 121     :     http://pyside.org
14482 Potsdam                :     GPG key -> 0xFB7BEE0E
phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023