[PySide] Weekly Update 22.03.2018
Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Thu Mar 22 17:00:41 CET 2018
Just a brief update on the status of the project:
The release process is starting:
- Defining the testing process (including RTA)
- Initial setup proposal Python 3.6 (Windows 10, Linux, macOS), Python 2.7 (Linux, macOS)
- Testing information to be collected and publicly available on the wiki
- A couple of qdoc bugs are delaying the first snapshots
- There is a lot of effort on the tutorials that the documentation will include.
- There is work on including non-class documentation to the official snapshot.
- The test of the first set of wheels was done, and there are a few issues
still being discussed, mainly related to WebEngine
Bug fixing and improvements:
- PYSIDE-585 was fixed, but a deep study of the situation is required, mainly related to refcounting.
- PYSIDE-595 first heap type prototype under review proving that concept works
- PYSIDE-560 depends on PYSIDE-595 and it will not take long to finish after 595 is done.
- Minor bugs, and a couple of cherry-pick changes from 5.9 to 5.6
- enum support improved (dealing with scoped enums and enum values)
- There is effort on solving memory leaks.
- A few issues on Coin are putting on hold the official wheels generation process
- Discussion about manylinux support:
- At the moment manylinux will not be included as an official release.
- To support it we will need to go outside the scope of Qt releases.
- List of wheels for the release:
- Windows 10, Linux, macOS including Python 2.7 and 3.6
You can find more information from the last meetings on:
The Qt Company GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi,
Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin,
Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B
More information about the PySide