[PySide] Weekly update 31.05.2018

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Thu May 31 17:33:31 CEST 2018

Hello,

Here is a quick update of the project.

We had some issues with our integration system,
but it was solved, even the problems that were stopping us
to cherry pick some changes on 5.6.
Currently, there is still an issue for the generation of
32bit wheels for Windows, but we are almost there.

We want to provide our official set of wheels through
PyPi, but we are waiting for an official answer from them
since the limit is ~60M (on PyPi server) but ours are around ~100M.

The HeapTypes and PEP384 changes are finally merged in our
repository, this will mean that any further contribution
that includes a new Type, must be compatible.
You can read more here: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0384/
and you can see all the changes that this improvement needed
here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/230864

There is effort in documenting our "Tabbed Browser Example" [1]
to provide a tutorial that explain how it was built.

We want to have RC wheels next week for testing purposes
to be able to finally release the first technical preview on the 13th of
June.

We are aware of the missing bindings that we currently have,
but we believe they are not crucial for the development we have
seen on PySide2 at the moment, but we encourage you
to fill a bug report if any of the missing bindings are needed
by you or your project, so we can prioritize it [2].

After the TP we would like to have a more active community,
so we encourage you to participate in our IRC channel
to discuss the future of Qt for Python.

Cheers!

[1]
http://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/examples/webenginewidgets/tabbedbrowser