[PySide] Keeping GUI responsive

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 6 19:28:25 CET 2019

On 12/6/2019 8:33 AM, Jason H wrote:
> I can confirm your experience on Mojave.
> If you increase your dataset 100-fold, then I get a beach ball. Based on
> what I am seeing here, QThread doesn't actually quite work.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to achieve, but...

Python is not multi-threaded:  Never has been, and from what I can tell, never
will be.  Qt isn't going to be able to magically change that.  A QThread is
going to be blocked by the GIL if your execution path strays back into
/any/interpreted code.