[PySide] Problems with install on GnuLinux, Mint

DAVID ALEJANDRO PINEDA dpineda at uchile.cl
Thu Feb 21 16:50:55 CET 2019

Hi Guys, i glad to say hello here.

Now, i'm tryinh to traslate some of my GUI from pyqt to PySide2 because has
better documentation and support.
The problem is that i need to build from scratch, because the version for
the PySide2 module is old.
So, I have to use the clang path and so on
To install the PySide2 module I'm using this command:
python setup.py build --qmake=/opt/Qt/5.12.1/gcc_64/bin/qmake --ignore-git
--parallel=4 --build-tests
Like on the documentation said, but at the end shows me an error that i
unknow.
Last lines:
"""
Fixing class inheritance...                  qt.shiboken: (quickwidgets)
class 'QAccessibleWidget' inherits from unknown base class
'QAccessibleActionInterface'
qt.shiboken: (quickwidgets) class not found for setup inheritance
'QAccessibleActionInterface'
[WARNING]
Detecting inconsistencies in class model...  [OK]
[OK]

Done, 9640ms, 2 warnings (1105 known issues)
[  4%] Built target QtQuickWidgets_generator
make: *** [all] Error 2
error: Error compiling pyside2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 296, in <module>
    setup_runner.run_setup()
  File "/home/david/ChartsGNSS/pyside-setup/build_scripts/setup_runner.py",
line 157, in run_setup
    raise RuntimeError(msg)
RuntimeError:
setup.py invocation failed with exit code: 1.
"""

What can i do? how?

Any help?

Thanks!

David Pineda Osorio
Ingeniero Civil Electricista
Ingeniero en área Geodesia del Centro Sismológico
f: +56 9 82142267