[PySide] Creating deployable GUI app

Mark list at qtrac.plus.com
Tue Feb 26 16:37:24 CET 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to create a .msi or -setup.exe (or even just a .zip) that's
deployable.

I'm using Python 3.6 and PySide2 5.12.

With Python 3.4 and PySide1 I was able to use cx-freeze with no
problems. But I can't get things to work with 3.6 and PySide2.

The error is:
'failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be initialized'

I've made sure that I create a plugins folder with imageformats and
platforms etc., that I populate from PySide2 in site-packages, but when
I use a dependency tool on the resultant .exe it lists these as missing:

API-MS-WIN-APPMODEL-RUNTIME-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-1.DLL
DCOMP.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL

Has anyone else had similar problems and come up with solutions?

Thanks!