[PySide] Qt 5.12: QAbstractItemModel::createIndex method input parameter

Bestellungen Menne bestellungen at menne-lothmann.com
Wed Jan 2 14:09:42 CET 2019

Hello,
I use Qt for Python and subclassed QAbstractItemModel to create a model for
my treeView. For the data structure I used nodes. Each node has a parent
and a childList to represent the data structure.

When I call the createIndex method I passed as the third argument the node
itself, which worked fine. After upgrading from Qt for Python 5.11.2 to
5.12 it gives an error, that it expects other input parameter. Here is the
error:

TypeError: 'PySide2.QtCore.QAbstractItemModel.createIndex' called with
wrong argument types:
PySide2.QtCore.QAbstractItemModel.createIndex(int, int, Node)
Supported signatures:
  PySide2.QtCore.QAbstractItemModel.createIndex(int, int, quintptr = 0)
  PySide2.QtCore.QAbstractItemModel.createIndex(int, int, void = nullptr)

Can someone explain this?
Thanks
Daniel