[PySide] trying to mimic addressee field in email client

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Wed Mar 20 15:29:28 CET 2019

Hello Frank,

I haven't had time to find a workaround of your situation,
but at least I understand the origin of the issue.

editingFinished() will be trigger twice, once you Tab/Enter and once you change the focus of the QLineEdit.
This seems to be related to a really old Qt Bug: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-40

Maybe you can find a workaround with another QLineEdit signal, like returnPressed().

Cheers