[PySide] Bindings generated by Shiboken2 have incorrect metaObject() implementation

John Terrell john at alphapixel.com
Thu Mar 21 21:11:06 CET 2019

Hi folks, I’m running into this and I want to make sure I’m not doing something incorrectly.   In the bindings that get created by Shiboken2 for my custom widget, the metaobject() implementation of the wrapper class always returns this->::QObject::metaObject() instead of the metaobject of the class being wrapped.   This causes code that relies on the correct class name being returned from the metaObject to fail (such functions that use QAccessible::installFactory()).

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks.

-John