[PySide] PySide2 installer for windows?

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Tue May 21 10:32:27 CEST 2019

On 5/21/19 4:28 AM, Frank Rueter | OHUfx wrote:
> yeah, we are anticipating a big shit storm in our industry very soon
> when every company out there will have to deploy Python 3 alongside
> Python 2 (to be backwards compatible with industry standard software of
> various versions).
> not looking forward to it.
>
> On 21/05/19 1:56 PM, Tim Roberts wrote:
>> Frank Rueter | OHUfx wrote:
>>>
>>> I know that, the problem is I work in an industry that has been
>>> clinging onto Python 2.7 with al their major softwares for way too
>>> long, it has not been my choice.
>>
>> It's hard to blame them.  When Python 2 came out, it was so obviously
>> superior to Python 1 that the world transitioned almost immediately.
>> There was a period of overlap, but by the time of Python 2.2, almost
>> everyone had moved up.
>>
>> It is a testament to Python 2 that it continues to retain a vibrant
>> ecosystem even though its successor is all the way up to 3.7.

Hello Frank,

Maybe you can learn from the experience at Dropbox
when they migrated from 2 to 3.

The had many tools to help the whole process:

https://blogs.dropbox.com/tech/2018/09/how-we-rolled-out-one-of-the-largest-python-3-migrations-ever/

Two devs gave a talk on PyCon this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4Fuz7ubIoE

Also Pinterest had a similar story:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1vqfBEAkNA

Cheers