[PySide] Overriding QWebEngine launch parameters

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Apr 2 23:32:53 CEST 2020

On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 09:21:02PM +0000, Marco Grubert wrote:
> According to this
> documentation, [1]https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwebengine-debugging.html , it
> should be possible to pass Chromium flags to Qt using either environment
> variables or command-line arguments. With PySide2 5.14.1 I have not been
> able to get either one to work.
> For example setting the disable-logging flag and then instantiating
> QWebEngineView will launch the QtWebEngineProcess without that flag.
>     sys.argv.append("----disable-logging")
>     app = QApplication(sys.argv)

Most flags will be handled by Chromium inside the main process, not the per-tab
QtWebEngineProcess.

(Also, note you have four rather than two dashes there)

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/