[PySide] Qt for Python 6.0.0 released

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Thu Dec 10 13:15:43 CET 2020

Dear Community,

We are really happy to tell you that 6.0.0 is finally out.

Some general information,
the project was renamed to PySide6 and Shiboken6 on PyPi,
to follow Qt versioning and avoid more confusion regarding
the name.

You can install it via: pip install pyside6

Keep in mind that not all the modules are available in Qt 6.0.0
but you can find a list here:
https://www.qt.io/blog/add-on-support-in-qt-6.0-and-beyond

We are still investigating how to distribute the new Qt Add-ons
but we will let you know ;)

You can find more information on the blog post:
https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-for-python-6-released

As always,
let us know if you find anything not properly working

https://bugreports.qt.io/projects/PYSIDE

and we would love to hear from you regarding  what's still missing:
* more tutorials?
* new functionality to the __feature__ option?
* different build options?
* new Python-only modules?

Remember that most of the features we adopt
come from the community ;)

Cheers

--
Dr. Cristián Maureira-Fredes