[PySide] Unifying Qt and Python asyncio?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Dec 23 18:31:56 CET 2020

I have software projects that I am a member of, and they are using Python and python's asyncio (3.6-3.8). This now creates a problem because there are two event loops. Admittedly, I am only familiar with Qt + Python via PyQt/PySide2, which really doesn't require any asyncio event loop. So my questions are:
Given that I am heavily biased for Qt's signal/slot mechanism,
1. Whose event loops should I use?
2. How do I bridge python asyncio with Qt event loops?
3. Is there a generic (not necessarily Qt) way to structure Python asyncio to look more like Qt's signal/slots?

As a follow-on at some point in time (C++20 working draft), coroutines will be C++ as well. What will Qt do to interop with the standard library coroutines?

Thanks!