[PySide] "Could not retrieve fonts from the server"

Israel Brewster ijbrewster at alaska.edu
Fri Feb 7 23:13:53 CET 2020

I am on a Mac, yes. If it’s a corrupt font entry, it’s odd, because it only occurs under very specific circumstances. From my tracing of the code, setHtml() itself does not reference any fonts - at least, not explicitly. Of course, the *drawing* of said html would almost certainly need to reference fonts, and that could be the issue, or any one of the signals it generates could be connected to something that does.

Specifically, though, I asked “Where might this error be coming from” not, “what might be causing this error”. While tracking down the source of the error is, of course, my ultimate goal, I would assume that it has something to do with my code (or, more specifically, the way I am utilizing PySide2/Qt), and as such is not something that others are likely to be able to help with without spending a lot of time trying to understand my code. I wouldn’t expect that. However, if I could find where the error is *actually* coming from, i.e. what Qt/PySide2 code is actually generating the error, I could probably trace the cause back.

---
Israel Brewster
Software Engineer
Alaska Volcano Observatory