[PySide] [shiboken2] Shared pointer support

icfwm at gmx.net icfwm at gmx.net
Sun Jan 19 16:04:16 CET 2020

Hi,

first of all thanks for addressing the virtual method issue. That was
quick! Also thanks for the answers provided to my other two questions.

I am still struggeling to get my application run correctly, but I assume
that this is due to learning shiboken. However, one thing is happening
quite often when using QSharedPointers with 5.14.0 (see stack trace
below). I think this happens when type conversions are not possible (I
can create this issue when calling "d.set([1])" from python where d is
an instance of a wrapped class and set is a C++ function expecting a
"const QList<QSharedPointer<A> >&" argument. Clearly, the integer 1 is
not convertable to a shared A pointer. It probably should not crash the
application, though.

Please give me a note if I should create a report with a minimal test case.

Kind Regards
Chris

/tmp/shiboken2-tests/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/signature/parser.py:191:
RuntimeWarning: pyside_type_init:

        UNRECOGNIZED:   'ptest.QSharedPointer'
        OFFENDING LINE: 'ptest.D.append(a:ptest.QSharedPointer[ptest.A])'

  """.format(thing, line), RuntimeWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/tmp/shiboken2-tests/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/signature/loader.py",
line 93, in pyside_type_init
    return parser.pyside_type_init(type_key, sig_strings)
  File
"/tmp/shiboken2-tests/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/signature/parser.py",
line 435, in pyside_type_init
    props = calculate_props(line)
  File
"/tmp/shiboken2-tests/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/signature/parser.py",
line 324, in calculate_props
    annotations[name] = _resolve_type(ann, line, 0, handle_argvar)
  File
"/tmp/shiboken2-tests/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/signature/parser.py",
line 267, in _resolve_type
    return eval(result, namespace)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
AttributeError: module 'ptest' has no attribute 'QSharedPointer'

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/tmp/shiboken2-tests/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/signature/loader.py",
line 101, in seterror_argument
    return errorhandler.seterror_argument(args, func_name)
  File
"/tmp/shiboken2-tests/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/signature/errorhandler.py",
line 99, in seterror_argument
    sigs = get_signature(func, "typeerror")
SystemError: <built-in function get_signature> returned a result with an
error set
Fatal Python error: seterror_argument did not receive a result

  File "test.py", line 10 in main
  File "test.py", line 51 in <module>
Aborted