[PySide] OpenGL in Qt 5.13 and PySide 2 corresponding to it

Kacvinsky, Tom Tom.Kacvinsky at vector.com
Wed Jul 15 20:07:26 CEST 2020

HI all,

Due to constraints we have, I need to build Qt5 on CentOS 5.  Yeah, I know, not ideal,
but there is nothing I can do about it for the moment.

In any case, Qt5 depends on OpenGL 2.0 or later, and CentOS 5 has OpenGL 1.2.  So
I have been fighting to get a later version of Mesa built for CentOS 5, which would
give me the OpenGL 2.0 support I need.  I have not had much luck.

So, what I did is build Qt5 without OpenGL support (the -no-opengl configure flag)
and Qt5 builds just fine.

However, when I go to build PySide2, it fails to build the QtGui module due to missing
OpenGL based targets:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `PySide2/QtGui/PySide2/QtGui/qabstractopenglfunctions_wrapper.cpp', needed by `PySide2/QtGui/CMak\
eFiles/QtGui.dir/PySide2/QtGui/qabstractopenglfunctions_wrapper.cpp.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [PySide2/QtGui/CMakeFiles/QtGui.dir/all] Error 2

Is there a way of configuring PySide2 builds (via setup.py options) to get around the
building of OpenGL support in QtGui?

Thanks,

Tom