[PySide] manylinux1?

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Mon Mar 30 08:30:55 CEST 2020

On 3/29/20 9:28 PM, icfwm at gmx.net wrote:
> Hi Cristian,
>
> thanks for reply. I also went the manylinux2014 path now and got the
> extension to be manylinux2014 compatible except for the QT dependencies
> (which are resolved by PySide2 and shiboken2 in the end). One potential
> issue is llvm, which I currently bypass by using an up to date linux to
> generate the binding cpp/h files. It looks like PySide2 might already be
> compatible to manylinux2014 which is CentOS 7 based (but that's just a
> guess from unexperienced me with these matters).

Yeah, after your email I read a bit and it seems like it's compatible,
but I would need to give it a try first, since still all the wheel
protocol is quite foreign to me, and the hack in place is the only
approach I knew.

At least I know I can validate the wheel after created, so that's a pro.

> While digging into this I also learned about this PEP which has been
> accepted for the future (following manylinux2014):
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0600/

Cool,
I think last time I checked that, it was not accepted, so I appreciate
you remind me ;)

> Christoph
> (snip)

Thanks for your feedback,
and if you find something else let us know

Cheers!

--
Dr. Cristian Maureira-Fredes
R&D Manager