[PySide] QMYSQL

Angelo Ballabio angeloballabio at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:33:35 CET 2020

When I create a virtual environment and loaded PySide2 into it, I realized
that I cannot access MySQL database through  QSqlDatabase.addDatabase(
"QMYSQL"), checking I saw that the libsqlmysql.so driver is not present in
the sqldrivers directory along with the others. I tried to search the
internet for the file in question, and nothing on the qt.io website, and
also on mysql.com I can't find the file. if i use the one installed in my
ubuntu 20.10 distribution it tells me that it is not compatible with the
others. In a standard environment its does. Anyone have a solution to
suggest?

Angelo