[PySide] python setup.py build fails with error: ‘class Shiboken::GilState’ has no member named ‘abandon’

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Wed Sep 9 09:06:24 CEST 2020

Hello,

On 9/8/20 9:00 PM, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> Greetings, Fellow Developers,
>
> [snip]
>>
>> Could you please share the whole output log?
>> it would be really nice if you could share a pastebin link
>> or a similar service, since usually you can see a summary of the
>> configuration before the building starts at the beginning.
>>

> Sure, this is what I got:
>
> https://paste.debian.net/1163090/

I think that's the incorrect output,
since the original was Python 3.8
and the log is using Python 2.7
(which even though is supported, is already deprecated)

Not sure if debian includes 'venv' with he standard Python,
I think in ubuntu one need to install 'python-venv',
but anyway, can you try to do a small build, just to try:

python3 -m venv env
source env/bin/activate
python setup.py install --module-subset=Core --verbose-build # note that
here is 'python' not 'python3' because the environment is activated.

so we only try to build QtCore.

The errors on the current build process is CMake complaining that cannot
find Python3, since that was detected:

 > -- Shiboken2Config: Using default python: .cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu
And looking at the rest of the error:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Shiboken2-5.15.0/Shiboken2Config.cpython-38

Seems like you have shiboken2 5.15 installed in your system,
maybe as a dependency?

In any case, creating the virtual environment,
and activating it will do the job of isolating
the build process, so we avoid picking up system stuff.

> [sni]
> Filippo

Good luck!
and keep up updated :)