[PySide] Planned move of QtOpenGLFunctions into QtOpenGL

Friedemann Kleint Friedemann.Kleint at qt.io
Fri Mar 12 14:12:52 CET 2021

Hi,

we have been looking at our OpenGL support in the light of  Qt 6.1 and
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/PYSIDE-955 recently.

For 6.1, we would like to move the version functions classes
(QOpenGLFunctions_3_2_Compatibility, ...)  from QtOpenGLFunctions into
the QtOpenGL module where they belong. QtOpenGLFunctions was created for
Qt 5 as not to bloat the QtGui bindings. This is no longer applicable to
Qt 6 since there is the separate OpenGL module.

We believe this should not do any harm since it is not yet possible to
use them in Qt 6 without QOpenGLVersionFunctionsFactory which was only
recently added. It it does, we might add a compatibility module.

The change is pending at
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/pyside/pyside-setup/+/338616 .

Regards,

Friedemann