[PySide] Qt for Python release: 6.1 is out!

Cristián Maureira-Fredes Cristian.Maureira-Fredes at qt.io
Wed May 12 15:52:50 CEST 2021

Hello everyone!,

We are really happy to announce that the 6.1
release of Qt for Python is finally out, and you can get it
with a simple:

     pip install pyside6

It took us more time than usual, since we discovered
a couple of issues with some of the new experimental
features we were trying out, that completely stopped
us to do a release on the same day, luckily they were
solved, and we were able to release :)

I wrote a blog post with many details and resources
of the release:
https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-for-python-6.1
I hope it's informative enough and you like it.

As always, you can check the changelog here:
https://code.qt.io/cgit/pyside/pyside-setup.git/tree/dist/changes-6.1.0

This release includes a technical preview of a commercial tool,
the Shiboken Wizard, mainly because we wanted to improve
our commercial offering, so more people get motivated to
get a license.
We believe that adding "things on top" of our Open Source
offering is a good path to explore to make Qt for Python
a better option commercially speaking.

We want bring more nice features to PySide and Shiboken,
and for that we need your help with ideas and feedback
of the current release, so drop by any of our community
platforms and let us know!
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_for_Python#Community

As always, if you find any issue,
please please please