[PySide] QtDesigner ???

David Ching dc at dcsoft.com
Mon Apr 25 18:34:50 CEST 2022

From: Paolo De Stefani <paolo at paolodestefani.it>
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2022 8:25 AM

> AttributeError: 'PySide6.QtWidgets.QHBoxLayout' object has no attribute
'isEmpty'
> AttributeError: 'PySide6.QtWidgets.QHBoxLayout' object has no attribute
'setContentsMargins'. Did you mean: 'getContentsMargins'?
> AttributeError: 'PySide6.QtWidgets.QSpacerItem' object has no attribute
'hasHeightForWidth'. Did you mean: 'heightForWidth'?
> AttributeError: 'PySide6.QtWidgets.QGridLayout' object has no attribute
'setContentsMargins'. Did you mean: 'getContentsMargins'?

> So it looks like i can't use a H/V/Grid layout and spacer too ...
> What's wrong ???

Paolo, I would re-install Pyside.  Or even your entire Python distribution.
Something seems wrong with your installation because your "bad" file works
perfectly fine on my system.  In particular, all these missing attributes in
the layout and spacer classes seem to indicate a mismatch of some binaries
in your installation.

It does seem the .ui files were processed by the correct uic utility, given
the comments in the generated .py files from that.  But the runtime Qt DLL's
just aren't supporting the required attributes somehow.

Hope this helps,
David