[PySide] QtDesigner ???

David Ching dc at dcsoft.com
Tue Apr 26 02:19:57 CEST 2022

> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:26:45 +0200
> From: Paolo De Stefani <paolo at paolodestefani.it>
> Subject: Re: [PySide] QtDesigner ???
>
> I removed completly my python 3.10 installation (in C:\Python310\),
restarted the system, deleted completly the C:\Python310 directory,
downloaded a fresh python-3.10.4-amd64.exe from python.org, installed as
administrator (my user is administrator
> anyway), added from pip the pyside6-essentials wheel:
>
> C:\Python310>pip list
> Package    Version
> ---------- -------
> pip        22.0.4
> setuptools 58.1.0
>
> C:\Python310>pip install pyside6-essentials Collecting pyside6-essentials
>    Downloading PySide6_Essentials-6.3.0-cp36-abi3-win_amd64.whl (70.7 MB)
>       ---------------------------------------- 70.7/70.7 MB 3.0 MB/s eta
> 0:00:00
> Collecting shiboken6==6.3.0
>    Downloading shiboken6-6.3.0-cp36-abi3-win_amd64.whl (1.6 MB)
>       ---------------------------------------- 1.6/1.6 MB 3.2 MB/s eta
> 0:00:00
> Installing collected packages: shiboken6, pyside6-essentials Successfully
installed pyside6-essentials-6.3.0 shiboken6-6.3.0

> BUT running my script from VSCode i get exactly the same error:

Paolo, I don't know, I went onto a different machine with Python 3.10
installed and did a "pip install pyside6-essentials", got the same thing you
did.  But unlike you, "python.exe pyDBManager.py" with these lines worked
fine:

[pyDBManager.py]
#from Ui.DBManagerMainWindowGood import Ui_DBManagerMainWindow
from Ui.DBManagerMainWindowBad import Ui_DBManagerMainWindow

from __feature__ import snake_case, true_property

Are you sure VS Code is running it from the correct environment?  If you can
comment out enough of the non-working version for it to stay running, you
could run SysInternals Process Explorer and set it's lower pane to view the
DLL's running in the "python.exe" process -- then you can make sure the Qt
DLL's are correct.

Thanks,
David